Okay, Here’s a simple easy and quick recipe that anyone can make. Just throw it together literally, whatever you got leftover in your fridge.
- Leftover Rice [rice that has just been cooked is fine too]
- Your choice of meat [below we are using pork]
- Bok Choy
- TBH, just look in your fridge and throw it in
- Oyster Sauce
- Seasoned Soy Sauce for Seafood
- Canola Oil
- salt & white pepper
1. Marinate the meat of your choice. I just had leftover pork. Lightly coat with soy sauce, salt, pepper, and cornstarch. Mix with your hands to massage the meat slightly. While that’s marinating prep the rest of your ingredients.
2. Start by heating the pan and adding canola oil once the pan is hot. Make sure that the meat is almost thoroughly cooked. Take out of the pan and set aside. You will be cooking the meat again, once all the ingredients have been mixed in.
3. Coat the pan with more canola oil! Then add your rice. Make sure you’re breaking up the rice while cooking it in the pan. You do not want the rice sticking together. Pictured, is a salty cooked version of ham.
4. Add about half a tablespoon of the oyster sauce and a few sprits of the season soy sauce. Mix well, and taste as you go. If you want to add more sauce, do it!
5. Add your veggies! Look at that color. Once you see that the veggies are slightly cooked. Add in your meat to mix all the ingredients all together.
Here’s a couple of minutes before you eat it. What you’ve cooked should resemble something like this![wpvideo e4Y2eQa6]
Also, you can always elevate the fried rice by adding a fried egg.
Here’s a Kim-Chi version I did but obviously put a fried egg. Eggs honestly elevate the dish X1000.